About Hampton Roads
Many military families find their home in Hampton Roads, as the area is home to numerous military bases and commands.
- Naval Station Norfolk: The world’s largest naval station
- Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek: Major operating base for the Amphibious Forces in the Navy’s Atlantic Fleet
- Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek: The primary flight surface of the former NAS Norfolk
- Joint Coalition Warfighting Center (JCW): One of the DOD’s nine combatant commands
- Marine Barracks: Located at Naval Station Norfolk
- NATO Headquarters: North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- Langley Air Force Base: Home of the Air Force’s 1st Fighter Wing and the 480th Intelligence Wing
- NASA Langley Research Center: Aeronautical research; the oldest of NASA’s field centers
- Fort Eustis: Home of the Army Transportation Corps
- Fort Monroe: Headquarters of US Army Training and Doctrine Command
Water lovers Water lovers often find their home in Hampton Roads, we boast 26 miles of Atlantic Ocean and Chesapeake Bay beaches, plus many rivers. Here are just a few of our beautiful views.